Monday, February 25, 2008

Spontaneity

When I was younger I thrived on spontaneity. I loved waking up each day not knowing what adventure I was going to get myself into. It was nothing for me to throw some stuff into a bag and hit the road. That's what kept my life so exciting and fresh. These days, it's not as easy as it used to be, but I've realized that I still yearn for a little of that spontaneity that I had forgotten ever existed in me.

Darrell is a pretty spontaneous kind of a fella. While I may act like it bothers me at times, in the end I'm thankful for this way about him. On a whim, he thought it grand to take the babes to Florida. He booked a room before I realized that he wasn't joking.

Saturday morning we were up long before the sun made it's daily appearance, and made it to Panama City Beach in great time. The kids were so thrilled about seeing the ocean that we took them down to the beach before taking our bags to the room.




Obviously, Gabriel isn't used to the effects the ocean has on one, and got a little dizzy and fell in....within the first five minutes.




I only packed him one outfit, since we were coming back the next evening. It wasn't until after we checked out that we realized the hotel had a laundry room. Praises to the good Lord for giving me a sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at things like this. >:0P

Despite that minor setback, our little trip was a success. Spontaneity wins out, this time. >:0)







One last thing. A warning, actually, to families like us who have children between the ages of 1-8...maybe even a little older than that. We very naively thought that Ripley's Believe it or Not would be a cool place to take the kids. Not that it wasn't a unique place, but it certainly wasn't a great place to take the babes. Gabriel got pretty freaked out from the very beginning, and Lindsey soon followed. There was one section of the museum that displayed death type scenes and shark attacks. Yeah. They both cried so much so that Darrell nearly had to carry them out. I found a good bit of it to be disturbing also, and felt like an idiot for bringing the kids in. It was, in my opinion, a big waste of money....and it wasn't a cheap waste, which made it even more of a drag. You live and learn.


Relishing in His goodness...