Saturday, February 16, 2008

Word of the week

...because we just celebrated Valentine's Day, Love is my word of the week. Little word with a powerful meaning.(I left out a few definitions of the word. Wanted to keep it child friendly.)

Love

1. God's tender regard and concern for all human beings

2. Devotion to and desire for God as the supreme good, that all human beings have

3. Deep and tender feeling of affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or persons

4. An expression of one's love or affection given

5. Feeling of brotherhood and good will toward other people

6. Strong liking for or interest in something

7. A strong, usually passionate, affection of one person for another, based in part on the person who is the object of such an affection; sweetheart

I remember when my babies first said "I love you". I thought, I wonder if they know or feel what that word truly means. It wasn't until my second child, Gabriel, was old enough to talk that my question was answered. He thought that "I miss you" and "I love you" were the same, so he always said, "I miss you." instead of "I love you."

Growing up, we didn't throw that word out there, a whole lot. Even now, as an adult, it's hard for me to tell some of my family members that I love them, yet, I can tell all of my friends, my children, and my husband who know's how many times a day. It's a word that I appreciate and ranks at the top of my list of usage. >:0) Just to clarify, even though my family and I don't say it often, we definitely love one another. <3


Relishing in His goodness...