Sunday, March 2, 2008

Word of the Week

I bet that a lot of people would be surprised to know that one meaning, the most important meaning, of the word Passion is Suffering. Hence the name of the movie, "The Passion of the Christ". My word of the week is:


Passion

1. the sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death
2. obsolete : suffering
3 . the state or capacity of being acted on by external agents or forces
4. a (1) : EMOTION (2) plural : the emotions as distinguished from reason b : intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction c : an outbreak of anger
5. a : ardent affection : LOVE b : a strong liking or desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept



On this beautiful Sunday morning, I thank my precious Lord, with all that I am and all that I have, for the pain that He suffered so that I could be washed clean of my sin.

Relishing in His goodness...