Thursday, April 10, 2008

Relationship Wins

12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. John 1:12-13 NIV

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe in his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13 KJV

As an adult, I have gotten a lot of questions regarding my religion. Religion. Not God, but my religion. I was thinking about this tonight. For the record, I was born into a Baptist family, and was raised Baptist. Most importantly, though, (and I sincerely stress the importance of this fact) I am a servant of God. My relationship with Christ is far more important to me than my religious status. I do not worship my religion, and I do not believe that my religious status is what is going to get me into Heaven. While being a Baptist is a part of my life, my relationship with Christ consumes me and makes me who I am. I am a child of God. I am His humble servant. I have been saved and washed clean of my sin through the precious blood of Jesus Christ, and I bow down to God with sincere humility. Yes. I was born and placed into a certain religion. More importantly, though, God is my Father, and I am His child. My Father has no religion. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

In John 14:6 Jesus said, "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." It is only through Jesus Christ that we can have a relationship with God.

It feels good to have gotten that off of my chest. >:0)


Relishing in His goodness...