Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Few Things



My best friend, Tiffany (above) and her sister Sarah, will be leaving on Thursday for destination...Ireland! Please keep them in your prayers as the flight will be a long one, and they are both leaving behind loved ones. Two wonderful weeks in Ireland. Awesome! When they come back, they will be stopping in Atlanta for just a little less than two hours before heading to Nashville, so I'm really hoping and praying that we'll get to see them. I miss my sweet friend.




I'm turning thirty soon. Something about being this close to thirty and coming to the end of my twenties makes me feel a bit nostalgic. My life, thus far, has just gone by really quickly. I'm so happy that once my Earthly life comes to an end, I'll never have to worry about my life just passing me by, because it'll be an eternal life. Ahhh. Thank you, Jesus. I'm feeling as though it's time for me to do something more before it's all over. I have such an itch to serve Christ but I don't know where to go or how to start. I hope the Lord reveals to me where and how (and when is another good question) I should be serving Him because I've been wracking my brains.

This is completely unrelated, but it's been on my mind for a few days, not to mention the fact that the title of this blog, no matter how lame it may be, is A Few Things. >:0) I haven't read Twilight nor have I seen the movies so I'm not saying that I'm for or against the book/movie. I was having a discussion, though, about Twilight, and Disney came up. I love Disney movies. My kids watch and love Disney movies. Most people I know, Christian or non Christian love Disney movies, and allow their children to watch them. In most Disney movies there is a villain and usually a demonic villain. In Sleeping Beauty you have the witch who calls upon the dark forces to help aide in her evil curse. In Hercules, Hades tries to make Hercules mortal so that he can kill him and send him into his death pit so that he can rule the world. Then there's the evil step mother/witch on Snow White. Need I go on? Disney is exactly like all of the movies most Christians tend to condemn, aside from the fact that they are sugar coated with animation. Something to think about.

I haven't spoken to my dad in nearly two years. While he's never been the greatest of dads, I am really saddened by this. I've recently gotten in touch with his sisters, whom I've had virtually no contact with since I was a small child. One of my aunts was nice enough to share pictures of my dad and their family when they were children. It makes me feel a little bad for my dad because he has wanted to see and/or have pictures like these for as long as I can remember. I wish that I could just call him and share with him this awesome gift (always praying for resolve). Here are just a few of the many she shared with my sisters and I.






My aunt's caption of this picture (above) was that my dad had gotten new shoes to wear to a wedding and he was in awe over them and couldn't stop looking down at them.


Closing on a funny note. Today Ella and I were watching television when an infomercial came on. It was one of those Billy Maze commercials. Ella jumped off the couch and ran to the TV and said, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" ahhhhh hahahaha...Yeah.





I don't see it! >:0)



Relishing in His goodness...