Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Could Not Ask for More

I've been a mommy for ten years. Ten years! I am simply amazed by that number, and by the fact that God chose me to take care of three of His little ones. I became a mommy just two weeks after my twentieth birthday. Looking back, I remember thinking that I knew it all, and that advice from other moms was unnecessary. I read all the books and magazines. I remember even thinking that labor, before going through it the first time, was going to be a piece of cake. ha,ha. Boy, did I get a reality check. I have learned so much about myself through my children. Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever done, yet the absolute most rewarding experience of my life. I've seen many milestones in the past ten years. I've stood up to applause performances, whether they be at home, school, or church. I've danced the potty dance more times than I can count. I've taken thousands of pictures in hopes of capturing as many moments as possible. I've stood on the sidelines and proudly cheered on my little league player and cheerleader. I've sung a gazillion songs, and said a million prayers before bed each night. I've been thrown up on, and stayed up many, many nights with lil teethers or sick ones. In those times, I've looked into the precious faces of those who are dependant upon me to make it all better, and have felt helpless. I've cooked a tremendous amount of meals, and cleaned up after 99% of them. I've nursed and changed more diapers than I could fathom. I've read countless childrens books, drew pictures, colored, put together puzzles, and played games. I've given boo-koo's of baths. I've cleaned, bandaged, and kissed all the boo boo's away. I've washed at least a million loads of laundry. I've laughed harder than I ever have before. I've cried harder, too. I'm a mommy. How could I have ever been anything else?

What did I do to deserve such a title? :0) Thank you, precious Father.

(Ten years ago, thinking I knew it all.)












It's been an amazing ten years. :0)


Relishing in His goodness....