Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rain


We played in the rain today. It was glorious. The kids just laughed, and splashed, and ran. There were smiles times a million. Such a good time. Good times don't last forever, though. Later, as I sat on the end of Lindsey's bed I kept hearing this odd sound. Drip......Drip....DRIP. Roof leak coming in from behind her built in bookshelf! Ack! Just another thing to add to the extensive list of work to be done on this old house. As every situation reminds me of a song, I've been singing Flood by Jars of Clay. Good song. And I'm still here, praising God in every storm. :0)


Because I am a woman, I have irrational emotions that overwhelm me. I don't know where they come from or what they're about. They're just there. God's done some pretty amazing work at LBC in the past few months, and we are really excited to be a part of it. Satan always pokes his ugly head in, though, and usually when things are going really great. I'm trying to evaluate where I belong. Home with my husband and children seem to be the only place where I know I completely belong and am loved and needed. I don't know where I belong at LBC, or if I'll ever belong. Personally, I would love to take my worship all the way to South Africa, El Salvador, or Columbia on an amazing mission trip. For now, though, I'm praying for Christ to show me where my place is outside of my safe haven. Roof leak and all. :0)



Relishing in His goodness...