Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Big Girl Baby

We are so very blessed to have all of our children. Cheyenne, Lindsey, and Gabriel are a bit older than Ella. One of the neatest things about the age difference between the older ones and Ella is that Ella just has that many more people to teach her. Lindsey and Gabriel love playing school with Ella. Two weeks ago, while playing school, Lindsey was able to teach Ella how to write the numbers two, eight, and nine. She was so proud of herself and of her baby sister, as am I of both. A few days ago Ella looked at the alarm clock beside our bed and recognized the number eight. We watch Sesame Street daily, and while we do so, we pull out the magna doodle so that we can write the letter/number of the day and talk about it with Ella. Today they talked about the number nine, and Ella worked diligently on her little magna doodle. She was excited that it was a number that she already knew. She drew perfect little circles and added the "sticks" (she calls them ticks) on last. I am completely amazed by this. I don't want her to grow too quickly, but I am so thrilled for all that she is learning and doing at this age. She has such a love for animals, and being out in nature. She loves music and dancing. She loves drawing and watching others draw. She's my big potty girl, too. With her being my third baby, I just wanted things to go as slow as possible, but life doesn't run in slow motion. Ella's just my big girl baby. :0)







Relishing in His goodness...