Saturday, August 22, 2009

Prayer for my Marme, Mom, Mama, Mo

My heart is heavy tonight. My mom called this afternoon with disturbing news. She isn't feeling very well, and had a bit of a scare this past Wednesday while at work. She has had all sorts of tests run on her the past few days, but won't find out anything until next week. Her blood pressure was extremely high, after the incident at work. She became faint and weak. Blurred vision, etc. She has had an extreme headache since the incident. As my head was reeling while she was calmly explaining this to me, I know that she said that they are testing her for a stroke. Not sure how long those results will take. She is still weak and said that she is very tired. Her voice sounded so very fragile. My mom is in her early fifties. She works so very hard. She is also raising my four year old nephew and has been since he was a year old. She is the only parent I have.

Not my mom, Lord. Please. Not my mom. I ask that you place your healing hands upon her body and heal what ails her. Help her to rest, as she needs rest for her mind and for her body. Your love is sufficient, Lord. I ask that your grace and mercy be laid upon her head, and she wake up tomorrow rejuvenated as if this had never happened. If it not be Your will, precious Father, I ask that you help to give us the strength that we need to deal with whatever comes our way. Help her to know that she can open up to us about these things, and not feel the need to protect us, because we are here to return the nurturing favor, to pray for her daily just as she does for all of us. Thank you, for giving me this person who has loved me beyond measure. She has been my one true constant in life. My one and only parent. You are the only one who can, and I have faith in You, my Lord. These things I ask in Your name. Amen.






May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:22




Relishing in His goodness...