Friday, October 16, 2009

The Perfect Hiding Place

The kids and I were playing hide-go-seek this morning. In the house, of course, because it seems that this Georgia rain has no intentions of leaving any time soon. Being two, Ella sticks with her mommy when we play hide-go-seek. Each time we hid somewhere, I'd say, "Come on, sweet pea! Let's hide here." She'd climb in with me, and then cover her face with her hands. I guess she thought that taking that extra measure would insure her ability of having the perfect hiding place. Lindsey and Gabriel never let on that they see her so, naturally, she assumes that her hands did the trick. :0)

As a mother, I pray that as my children get older and games such as hide-go-seek are played less and less, my children seek refuge in the Lord. Make Him their perfect hiding place.

This morning, a fellow member of our church is in a hospital in Atlanta, knowing that her time to be with the Lord approaches. Her faith, this tremendous faith, that is determined not to be shaken or moved by the cancer that is taking her body remains steady. As her Earthly body is taken by this disease and is weakened, our Father is her hiding place. Her comfort, and her strength. I cannot help but pray that her precious faith will be an example to those who lack the perfect hiding place.


Hiding Place by Selah

You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
With songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You

I will trust in You
Let the weak say
I am strong
In the strength of the Lord


Relishing in His goodness...