Monday, November 2, 2009

Ella Gracie

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27


You were desired and prayed for from the moment that we said, "I do". I nearly lost faith that I'd ever feel your presence growing inside of me, after suffering a loss that left my heart in pieces. I found out about you in February of 2006. My mind and heart were not content with this fact, until I heard your heartbeat. Even still, I struggled with my faith over worry that I'd never get to meet you. You came to us, however, on this day three years ago. The smallest baby I'd ever held, with a head full of black hair. How I relished in your everything, sweet girl. My constant reminder of God's grace and of His mercy. His love never fails.



Today you have all of us wrapped around your finger...and you know it. You have this incredible laugh that is simply contagious. You are shy around most people, and hardly talk in public. At home, though, you say the funniest things. You sing and dance. You try to be as independent as we will allow, and you love nothing more than playing with your siblings. You eat unlike most three year olds. Your favorites being salad, asparagus, corn, and boiled peanuts. You won't eat the noodles in spaghetti, and only the pizza topping will do when having pizza. You are very particular about many things, and you usually get your way. You love story time at the library, and running down the book isles. Usually laughing so hard, because Mommy is chasing you, that you end up falling down. You love animals. So much so, that it scares me at times, because you have no fear of them.



Your smile is breathtaking, and your presence is a blessing. I love you more than words can ever describe. You are my joy. My miracle. My heart.







Happy third birthday, my precious Ella. xoxo






Relishing in His goodness...