Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday's Words


Mother Wit

natural wit or intelligence



Recently, my ten year old daughter taught me how to create a PowerPoint on our computer. My eight year old taught himself how to multiply by nines, while on our way to Walmart yesterday. So, so, so much smarter than I was at their ages.



I'm very thankful for all that they have learned while in public school, but I'm so excited to home school my kiddos. Gabriel is hoping to start next semester, but as Lindsey is in her final year of elementary school she requested to "graduate" with her friends at the end of the school year.

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy learning along with my children. I was not born with the mother wit my children seem to be blessed with, so I've gotta work on the ole brain a wee bit to get it into tip-top teaching shape. I've forgotten so much. Both are in the accelerated program at their school, so I'm worried that I won't be able to challenge their minds like their Reach class has been able to (Would you believe that my fifth grader will be dissecting a fetal pig in that class, two weeks from now? I did that in eleventh grade Anatomy!). I've gotta start cracking some books now!

Lord, I know that this is going to be an amazing journey for all of us, and I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to do this. I ask that you give me the knowledge, motivation, and will to educate these three children in Your way, Father. Help me to not fail these children. Help me to also learn as much from them as they may learn from me. I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen.

If you are a homeschool parent or know one, and have advise for this soon-to-be homeschooling mama, feel free to e-mail or comment (below). Thanks!

Relishing in His goodness...