Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little Lovin From the Oven



1 cup of sugar
1 large egg
1 cup of peanut butter (chunky or plain)
1 tsp vanilla extract (this wasn't in the recipe, but I added it anyhow. Totally optional.)


Mix egg, vanilla extract, and sugar together, then stir in peanut butter. Make into balls and place on cookie sheet. Dip fork into sugar and make that famous peanut butter cookie pattern that we all know and love. Bakes for 8-10 minutes on 375.



I am sure that everyone (and probably their mamas) know this recipe for peanut butter cookies. I just found it last night, however, after the kids asked if we had everything that we needed to make peanut butter cookies. Oh, be still, my cookie lovin heart! They were delicious! I am shocked that they came out so perfectly scrumptious without using flour. They had a perfect cookie texture... and, of course, flavor. Definite lovin from the oven. All three of my little ones took part in the making of these cookies. They had a blast, and were so proud to share them with my darling husband when he came home last night. (He said that it was awesome coming home from work to the smell of dinner AND something sweet baking in the oven.) :0)

I'm sure that you could modify these anyway you'd like. Maybe add some chocolate chips, or mini Reese's peanut butter cups. (YUM.) I thought that they were great just the way they were, though. One things for certain, no matter what you do to this recipe, you can't go wrong by adding a cup of cold milk to wash down your yummy cookies. Enjoy!




Relishing in His goodness...

6 comments:

Parsley said...

We're making PButter cookies right now!

Christy said...

Yay for you guys! You're gonna love em!

ALICIA said...

I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO ADD FLOUR. IF THATS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES, I COULD HAVE HAD THEM LONG TIME AGO, AND LOTS OF TIMES, COOL BEANS SIS! HOW DID YOU GET SO SMART?

Christy said...

I was shocked, too, when I first read the recipe, that flour wasn't an ingredient. I hope you and Bryson make them, and love em like we did!

Oh sweet little sister, my intelligence came to me the day I was introduced to the internet. :0) I literally typed "easy peanut butter cookie recipe" into my browser and this was the first to come up. I called the kids into the kitchen and we had hot cookies on a cooling rack in less than twenty minutes. This recipe rocks....in no time at all. Enjoy!

Allie :-) said...

I am facinated by the lack of flour and the fact that they turn out! We are SO going to make these! :-) WOO HOO!

Christy said...

I made them, again, last night. I used chunky this time, and let the cookie mixture sit in the fridge for about ten minutes so that it was easier to form into perfect little balls without all the sticky mess. I used a better brand of peanut butter, as well. They turned out even more fabulous than my first try at the recipe. Lovin the recipe! :0)