Thursday, December 24, 2009



I love the sound of men working on our roof! Never mind the complaints about being woken up early in the a.m. to the sounds of serious poundage coming from the roof above. I'm thrilled that our roof was repaired! Whoo hoo. God is so good! My oven was repaired early Monday morning, as well. Just in time, too. I've been baking and a'roastin up a storm. That phrase, "Don't know what you got, til it's gone." couldn't be more true! I missed my oven. That was a harsh week and a half.

I love Christmas. Who doesn't, you know? However, I was highly annoyed upon my Tuesday grocery trip, to discover that the parking lot of my favorite stores were packed full. Once inside, the harsh reality of the situation became more apparent. People go absolutely bonkers at Christmas time in attempt to grab the latest toy craze, or that last minute gift. I felt a little like Cindy Loo Who as I watched all the hurried shoppers, and wondered, "Where are you Christmas?".

From as far back as I can remember, my grandfather has set up a spectacular display of lights on his house and in his yard. He quit doing this a few years ago. When I was a little girl, I sat alone in front of his manger scene, on Christmas Eve while everyone finished dinner inside. I was drawn into the scene, and wondered what it must have been like for Mary and Joseph. I remember weeping and just thanking God for giving us His son, and for giving us a day to celebrate the birth of our Savior. My mom always said I was the dramatic one. :0) While she always thought so, that moment was quite real to me. My heart still feels that way, today. I am so very thankful for our Savior, and feel blessed to be given the chance to celebrate His birth.

I pray that as the world celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ, this year, it will be filled with His Holy Spirit. I pray that hands will be raised, and hearts will be full of gratitude. I pray that as you gather in celebration, you give thanks for All that Christmas represents, beyond the gifts and the food. I pray that you give, just as Jesus gave. I pray that you love just as He loved. I pray that you remember and appreciate the birth of Jesus Christ as you open each gift and know that the best gift of all is that of Jesus Christ living in your heart. I pray that you are abundantly blessed, have safe travels, delicious food, and wonderful company.

Relishing in His goodness...