Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today, among many things, I am thankful for my Kenmore dryer. We'll just call him Ken, for short. I take way too much for granted, I realize. Among those things, Ken was one of those. Ken was given to us by my father. While he was used, he ran perfectly well for six long years with us. Last week, he quit working. My husband is great at many things. Fixing things is not something that he is very good at, though. Bless his heart. He took Ken apart and compared "notes" with the manual. He concluded that he is clueless as to what the problem could be. We decided that it may be the wiring. When my dad passed Ken along to us, he did tell us that he had to tinker with the wiring a little. As always, there is a silver lining. When Darrell took the face off, we found about four dollars in change! There is a brand new laundromat in our little town, so those quarters were put to good use.

Today was my fourth trip to the laundromat. It's really, really, REALLY cold out. This Southern girl isn't digging the twenty degree temp. The wind was blowing fierce, to boot. I did not want to dry clothes at the laundromat today. But, a mama's gotta do what a mama's gotta do. I miss my running dryer, and am so very thankful for the time that he was good to us. I shall never take another dryer for granted. :0)

Relishing in His goodness...