Monday, January 11, 2010

Frozen Mouthwash





My mouthwash was frozen this morning. Seriously. Got to add a bathroom safe heater to my list of things to buy on my usual Tuesday grocery trip tomorrow.

I'm not a fan of winter. Especially when there "seems" to be no warmth in sight to escape to! Otherwise, winter would be a cinch. This old house is driving me bananas. Or shall I "say" frozen bananas! >

Ugh. Don't mind me. I'm just being dramatic because my fingers are cold. :0P We do have access to heat. However, this home has so insulation, has high ceilings, large rooms, and is DRAFTY to boot. The floors are wooden, and all original...and like walking on ice during the winter. Even with thick socks and shoes on, it's inevitable. Your feet are going to be cold. There are many windows in our home, and they are quite tall. They produce a lot of draft. There are also six doors in our home that lead outdoors. Also a source of draft. Living in this house has been an experience. We've had a lot of neat experiences living in such an old home, and a lot of bad experiences, as well. Winter always being the worst of all experiences had here. I've certainly learned how to be resourceful in a number of ways. While that may be a blessing, I'm praying for an outlet. I can't wait to get out of this place! This is the year! I can feel it!

Last night I thanked God, with all my heart, for warmth as my frozen fingers and toes thawed out under the warmth of heavy sheets and blankets. My heart broke as I thought of those who had no escape from the cold and prayed for them as well. I was plenty warm and snug in my bed as I did so (we have a heater in our room that produces a lovely amount of heat). Sleeping in a warm bed is a privilege that we take for granted, I believe. I didn't think twice about having heat and a warm home, before moving here. I can't imagine what it must be like to suffer through a cold night without warmth. I believe that the Lord has brought me here, to this frigid home, for a reason! I woke up with ideas on how to "share the warmth" with our community, and I pray that I am able to carry out my ideas before the winter is over. Pray with me and for me, please! :0)


Praying that you are relishing in the blessings of the Lord. A warm home, cozy bed, food in your tummy, family, and friends.


Relishing in His goodness...

7 comments:

Parsley said...

Girl, I hear ya! We used to live in an old drafty house. We bought electric heaters for each room. It was SO cold. Trying to take a bath when it was so cold wasn't fun.

Now we are toasty inside. Hooray. I pray you will be too next winter.

Christy said...

I'm so sorry you were in the same situation at one point, but it's nice knowing that there are people out there who can sympathize. Praise God you aren't in that situation any longer. And praise God for portable heaters, eh?! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy! Everytime I come visit your site there's something new! Love it! The music is great! Tell me how!!!

I posted finally yesterday. My mom was here over the holidays then there was the dog saga (see blog) now trying to get back into school....blog took low priority. Thought of you several times over those weeks and hoped you'd still be blogging once I got back online.

Loving the song on now, "how long do u wanna be loved?" Reminds me of Dixie Chicks. (?) I'm sure it's here somewhere but I've got to sign off...three to run through the bath tonight. :)

Happy New Year my online friend. Stay Warm!
Cassy

Carly&Maddie said...

Hey Chickadee hope you finally get warm. Don't feel bad I am in a farely new house and am still cold all the time. I am soo sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. This whole baby thing is soo time consuming haha. But I always love reading your blog. Hopefully we will meet again one day!!!

Anonymous said...

Ack! I had so much written you could've done an Alaska unit and then....my computer froze. Oh I hate that! It was a good one too :) K, I'll write it again later but I wanted to see if you were on Facebook and also to tell you that my girls are named Ella and Gracie. Is that hilarious or what?!?! My son was peeking over his shoulder when I was posting and wants to know how old your son is. Wondering if he's thinking pen pal???

Will answer all your fun questions soon when my poor computer's had a good night's sleep :)

Loved your post. Can just see you and the kids @ the screen. We're the exact same way :)

We're in south central AK on the Kenai Peninsula. You can find it on the map right on the bottom of the state in the middle. Fun for ur kiddos :)

Will talk soon, thanks for your sweet post....
Cassy

Christy said...

Cassy,

I'm so thrilled that your mom came for the holidays. What a blessing! And you're right! That song was the Dixie Chicks. :0)

I'm lol'ing but not at you...just with you, as I've done that many times. Such a pain, too. Type out tons of stuff, and you know it's good, and boom. It's gone. My pc is a frequent source of pain in my tail.

I do have a facebook account. :0) http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=600454360

You know we must be related, if not through a blood line, then at least through the "cool line". Ella and Gracie?!?! Too cute! We have great taste in naming our children, eh?

Gabriel is 8, and will be nine this year. Having a pen pal is one of the neatest childhood memories that I have. I would love for my kiddos to have pen pals! Let's do it! :0)

We're definitely going to check your location out on our globe! The kids are gonna love that! :0)

Thanks for filling our life with newness...and of course, coolness!

:0P
Christy

Christy said...

Carly,

No problem, old friend! You are preaching to the choir! tee hee. Being a mommy is certainly a busy (but rewarding) lifestyle! I hope that you guys had a very blessed Christmas, and beginning to your New Year. We should definitely meet soon. I'd love to meet that precious baby. :0)