Monday, January 4, 2010

Gotta love those blessings!



I've not been blogging much lately, because this past month has just been busy. I always say that busy is a blessing. Well, I've been doubly blessed! Christmas was spent with the ones we love most, and was celebrated on three different days ending on the Sunday after Christmas. We opened more presents than we deserved, and ate more food than we needed!


I've already posted about our New Years, so no need to do that again. :0) Sadly, no photos were taken for me to add to any scrapbooks or albums. However, I'm hopeful that my memory bank won't go out on me anytime soon.

We were extremely blessed to have been given Stone Mountain Adventure passes as part of a mystery guest program a few weeks ago. We spent all day, last Monday, relishing in that AWESOME blessing. I believe that we partook in every activity available including the Sky lift, the Great Barn, a train ride around the mountain and Polar Express 4D. There were Christmas shows/musicals, and even a Christmas parade and fireworks at the end of the day. Such an awesome day! While it was a wee bit frigid, the sun was still shining and the park couldn't have been more beautiful and inviting. The kids were a little ill with me when I told them that they'd be wearing their fleece pajamas under their clothes that morning....until we got to Stone Mountain. They were, then, quite thankful for the extra set of clothing. We were daring and went to the top of the mountain (as I mentioned before, on the sky lift). The wind was blowing so fierce, and it was beyond cold up there. We managed to find a warm spot on a nice long balcony, on the other side of the gift shop, before heading back down to the bottom, so all was not lost. Because it was so much calmer on that side of the mountain, Darrell and I used that opportunity to discuss with the children God's amazing creations...including the tremendous mountain of granite that we were blessed to be standing on top of. The view was breathtaking. I stood/stand in awe of the beauty our God has created for us to marvel in.

(See Atlanta way back there? Looks so teeny.)


The best part about our day was, honestly, seeing my children smiling. They had such a blast, and it was a great experience for all of us.












The car ride home was the quietest we've had in a long time, too! Those babies were completely tuckered out. Ella was asleep before we left the park.

Gotta love those blessings.

Relishing in His goodness...