Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Little randoms



My sister took this picture of Ella. The older babes and I think that she looks a little like our favorite disheveled book character, Junie B. Jones. Before Junie B. got glasses of course...the youngest version of Junie B.


Yesterday, I set out into the world (or our neighboring city, in this case) in search of food for my offspring. :0) I was completely unprepared. No lists or coupons as my day started out hectic, but was in for a treat. Kroger is having a beyond brilliant sale this week. To add to that exciting detail, there were coupon dispensers galore..many on sale items! I got six cans of tomatoes (4 cans of the Rotel w/cilantro and lime blend and 2 cans of the Hunts fire roasted with garlic) FREE! These are just two examples of my many savings. Oh, how I love grocery day. Okay. Sorry. That was probably (more than likely) a lie, but I DO love free stuff and bargains. As the cashier rang me up, I watched as my total went soaring...then watched as it plummeted back down as I scanned my Kroger shoppers card. What a blessing! My bill was literally chopped a wee bit over half of what it originally would have been. I went in with no coupons, and ended up saving over $9 in coupons that I retrieved through out the store alone. The way the sale is designed is if you purchase ten items off of their sale list, not only will you pay the super low sales price for that item, but you also get an extra $5 off of your bill. I ended up getting $10 off of my bill for buying twenty plus sales items. The cheapest shopping bill I've had in a very long time (for the amount that I got)...hands down. Shopping made easy. Feels good to save money. Now, to keep my babes from eating it all up before the next grocery day...that'll be the real task.


I shared a Kari Jobe video from youtube with my grandparents yesterday, and they were so excited about it, that they left three messages on my machine as I was out shopping. When I finally spoke with them, my grandfather said, "Where have you been? It shouldn't take that long for someone to go grocery shopping." (He's obviously forgotten about those days of shopping for more than just two. hee hee). They just got internet and it's really exciting for them. They've never heard of Kari Jobe before, and told me that after watching the video, they spent two hours watching every video youtube had of her. My grandmother asked me, "Do you think your mama knows about that beautiful music and all those videos?" Could my grandparents possibly be any more precious? I think not. :0)

Relishing in His goodness...