Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Found My God, Mommy!



This is what I heard as I swept my living room floor yesterday. To some folks, that simple phrase means nothing. To me, it means the world. My precious toddler, with her cute toddler way of talking was obviously thrilled to have found one of her favorite books tucked under a couch cushion. On the cover, a cartoon picture of Jesus rising out of clouds can be seen.

"Oh mommy, wook! My God! I found my God book mommy!", she exclaimed, once more, as she squeezed the book tightly in her arms. At just three, with knowledge of and excitement for Christ! Hallelujah!


It's the little things that leave the biggest impact.


Can't imagine a life without Christ in it. It's hard to believe that there is a whole world full of children who will grow up with no knowledge of Christ. Babies being born, right now, who will never know Christ. That thought is just excruciatingly painful for me to grasp.

I found this great blog, yesterday! It's called Missionaries Who Blog. It contains a blog list of missionaries positioned all over the world. I challenge you to visit a few and leave some encouraging words/pray for each. What a huge responsibility it must be to serve Christ as a missionary in an unbelieving world while folks, like myself, teach just three small children in the comfort of home.

It doesn't take much. A simple prayer and a few words of encouragement could mean the world to someone who desperately needs them.

Yes! It's the little things that leave the biggest impact. :0)

Relishing in His goodness...