Monday, April 5, 2010

My hope, my joy, my eternal life...

Yesterday, I was blessed to participate in Communion during LBC's SonRise service. I was unable to hold back the tears that flowed while I thought about the last supper and the words that Jesus spoke to Twelve disciples that evening, the fear and doubt that plagued Him while praying at Gethsemane knowing that His death was inevitable, the horrific beating that He endured, the cross He was nailed to. All of these things...for us. Imperfect, sinful us. From the words of Pastor Worthey, many men have endured excruciating deaths....but none of those men have had the weight of the world's sin upon their shoulders. None of those men died as payment for our transgressions. To some, that tiny bite of cracker and sip of grape juice is not much. To me, it represents everything. My everything...my hope, my joy, my eternal life.

I am beyond thankful.


I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Phillipians 3:10-12

Relishing in His goodness...