Friday, August 27, 2010

Gabriel



When you were eighteen months old, I rocked you in my arms as I sang "I love you Lord" and watched as you fell asleep. The next morning you surprised me by climbing out of your crib (for the first time) and running into my room excitedly saying, "Hi mommy! I'm awake now!".

Yesterday you turned nine. While time has flown by since you were born, I love the fact that I can still count the number of years you've been alive on two hands. My little boy. Growing into such an amazing young man. I'm so proud of the little guy that you are, Gabriel.

I never imagined having a son before the Lord gave me you. I didn't know anything about boys. But I knew, instantly, that I loved you and that you were a sweet, sweet blessing....you were meant for me. I have loved you since I knew of your existence, and you have been a constant light in my life everyday for the past nine years. Your blue eyes, your smile, your intelligence, your comedic side, your compassionate heart, your artistic nature, your eagerness to learn, your love for me and for our family, as well as your love and dedication to Christ have been the things that help to make my world go round. I can't imagine me without you. I can't imagine anything without you. I am so glad that you are mine. God couldn't have given me a better son. You are abundant blessings all wrapped into one amazing package. I love you endlessly. To infinity and beyond!














Relishing in His goodness...