Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Joy



The weather is changing, and the air smells crisp and fresh every morning. I do believe GA will see some Fall weather, after all. It's hard to believe after the Summer we've had. I think we still have a month to go, but it's coming nonetheless! I have an itch to visit the North GA mountains, and there's no better time to go than in the Autumn.

I'm not sure if it's the change in weather, but mornings have been great around this joint!

Ella woke up, exuberant as ever, this morning. She threw her arms up into the air and said, "Good mooring (morning), mommy! My eyes woke me up!" I replied, "And the sun's not even up yet!" and she said, "Yeah, and my eyes woke me up again!". :0)


Praise God for happy early rising babes! Makes for a stress free morning. That's for sure.

Lindsey had her very first FCA meeting this morning. I think I was just as excited as she was. It's okay to live vicariously through your children, right? I love, love, love being a mommy and a wife, but there are times when I miss high school (They didn't have FCA when I was in middle school.)! Chris Rice's "Smellin Coffee" couldn't have been more fitting for our car ride to school this A.M. (and it's currently embedded in my brain! I've been singing it all day. Thanks J93.3). She gave a "two thumbs up" review on the meeting and is excited to go back.

I am in awe over the fact that my child's school offers this club. It's a blessing to know that she has this amazing opportunity to be immersed in Christ with young fellow Christians at her school. I can't imagine a world where these possibilities didn't exist. Middle school can be tough. It's refreshing to know that she has an amazing mentor at school helping her to grow in her relationship with Christ, as well as people her age to stand strong with and be proud of who she is and what she believes in.

If the biggest complaint that she had, today, (as a middle schooler) was that someone stepped on her flip flop, breaking it in the process, then PRAISE THE LORD! Wonderfully enough, she takes P.E. and had her tennis shoes for back up! Although, there was a little bit of complaining about even that, since they didn't go with her outfit. Oy vey! Love my girly girl.

Relishing in His goodness...