Monday, December 6, 2010

Days like this.....



Thanksgiving weekend was spent on Lake Oconee, at Aunt Chris and Uncle Dale's home in Greensboro. We were immensely blessed to be immersed in abundant blessings as we all cooked, ate, and relished in our time together.

Uncle Dale's health is precarious, but I was comforted by the fact that nothing has hindered his ability to be himself. Loving, proud, concerned for others, and humorous. Even in his delicate state, he asked his usual 101 questions of each child, producing smiles from his care and curiosity.

My nephews, Ethan and Grayson, have grown so much. Each of them have hit milestones that we've missed, but were so excited to acknowledge. Grayson is a little crawler. A total busy body. So much fun. Ethan is a little smiler. Either I'm funny looking, or that little guy really loves his Aunt Christy because I caught him staring across the room at me, several times, with a giant toothless grin each time. Talk about melting my heart! tee hee.Those two little cuties have me wrapped around their finger. That's for sure.

It was difficult leaving, but in doing so, I was blessed with a couple of hours on the road to ponder this family that I've married into. How the Lord loves me! He has blessed me, richly, with this family. Lindsey, Gabriel, and I were accepted into this sweet group of people as if we had been there with them all along. My heart aches to see this head of our family ill, and to see this woman I love and admire so dearly restlessly care for her husband as he withers. The dynamics of our family are going to change. Everything will be different. But God makes all things new. Praising Him for bringing all of these people into my life when He did. I've learned so much from each of them. They are a part of me...forever and always.

Wishing days like this would never end....
Aunt Chris (Ella) was informing me that she was going to ring my neck (for taking a picture of her) once she could get to me. haha. Where Cheyenne goes, Ella follows. She LOVES her big sister.

Relishing in His goodness...