Thursday, December 23, 2010

So much....

Songs have a tendency to pop into my head at random, depending on what I'm thinking about. Today it's been the same old song, going round and round like a record set to repeat mode. This one takes me back to childhood singing around a camp fire.

I've got so much,
so much
so much
so much
so much
sooooo much
so much
so much
so much
so much
so much
so much
so much
CLAP
to be thankful for. :0)

With the passing of our beloved Uncle Dale on the 17th, December has been many things. Lacking in God's infinite love, however, it most certainly has not! Even in our family's loss, we have gained plenty. Blessings upon blessings upon blessings. Praise You, Father.

I knew that prayers were being said for our family because I felt them being answered. I still do! Thank you, precious friends and family, for your love and concern, as well as for your prayers. You are all so very much appreciated.




The eulogy I wrote and read aloud:

Before I met you, I knew what kind of an impact you had on Darrell's life. He spoke proudly of his family. His love, admiration, and respect for you and Aunt Chris. Every positive memory of his life seemed to involve you. Because of this I had respect for you that showed in our first meeting. As you are a curious one, I answered your many questions, during that first meeting, with a "yes sir" or "no sir". Your response to that shall remain unstated, but it's one of those things that I love about you. Your quick witted humor always charmed me.

You and Aunt Chris accepted Lindsey, Gabriel, and I into this amazing family as if we had always been a part. You treated my children as if they were your grandchildren. You've always made them feel so very special. For this, words will never begin to express to you two my sincere gratitude. After my first weekend spent with you all, I knew that I wanted to be a part of this family. Seven years later, I have been fully blessed to know you, be loved by you, and to be a part of your family.

Thank you, both, for saving four people that mean the world to me. You selflessly and compassionately provided a home based on structure, stability, consistency, and security...when no one else could. Together, you have built this solid foundation that is our family. Pride and loyalty. An unbreakable bond between us all that will, no doubt, be carried on through our children.

Thank you for being a constant positive influence in my husbands life. Your influence on him has been beneficial to myself and to our children. He is an amazing husband and father despite great adversity. Thank you for loving him, teaching him, and for raising him so well.

Your compassion, loyalty, integrity, protective nature, and love overflowed in this world...you were an honorable man. You left quite an impression on all of us. Thank you, for leaving your mark...forever a legacy.


All my love,
Christy



Please know that Darrell, the children, and I are all doing well. Life here, in our little town, continues on as we prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior. Of course, my heart and prayers are still with Aunt Chris as she adjusts to life without her husband. If led, please continue to pray for her along with us.


Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end. Isaiah 60:20

Relishing in His goodness...