Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is in the Air


Valentine's Day is simply a fun holiday. The hearts, candy, the colors, the flowers, and all that oozing of love. It all just sucks you in and you can't help but to enjoy it's presence.

As with any other holiday, I feel it's important to understand how it began and even more important to honor our God above all. After all, there is no greater love than that of our Father's.

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." John 10:11

With that being "said", Valentine's Day, for our family was more than just a celebration of our love for one another, but our praise to God for the love He has shown us as well.

My blessing cup runneth over, and I am beyond thankful for the unconditional, forgiving, and unfailing love of my Father.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Thank You, precious Lord...

My little loves surprised me with a homemade memento for Valentine's Day this year. These types of gifts are my very favorite! Give me something hand written and homemade over jewelry any day! They worked on it together...without bickering. The older two were patient with Ella and allowed her to help paste the candy pieces on. I pretended not to know what they were doing, but I couldn't help but to hear them through the slightly open door of Gabriel's room. Their thoughtfulness and love for me melts my heart. It was a sweet gift. I will treasure the memory of their little faces delightfully handing it over to me, always. :0)

Darrell surprised me with a bag of goodies and, though he wasn't feeling well, a lunch date. I ate a delicious lunch of salmon, asparagus, and salad. Best lunch I've had in probably five years! Er, maybe longer. In any case, it was enjoyable. While just slightly challenged in the department of romance (he often asks me how he can be more romantic...tee hee) he is extremely loving and aims to please. I couldn't ask for a better husband....and I wouldn't change a thing about him. With the exception of remembering to put the toilet seat down and to put his shoes away as soon as they come off....but even then, I'd rather have him flawed that to not have him at all.

He approves this message, by the way, as he let out a hearty laugh after taking advantage of the fact that I was preparing his lunch, and he snuck in to read my post. In my best British accent I called him a sneaky booger, which produced another hearty laugh and a kiss. He makes me feel as giddy as a school girl. Oh, how I love this man of mine.

Relishing in His goodness...