Friday, May 27, 2011

How Sweet it is to be Loved by You


Noah's Ark-Summer 2010


When my husband is on first shift, he wakes up just after 4:00 a.m., and I with him on many of those mornings. It's nice spending quiet time with him. Just the two of us, on mornings like that.


While he is quick to jump up after the alarm goes off (something he picked up in his military days) he takes a while to "wake up" and is quiet most mornings. This morning was no exception. :0)

Kuwait 2004


After he left to go to work, he texted me while waiting on one of his coworkers, who rides with him to work.

Darrell (5:15 a.m.): I love you. I hope you have a great day. Thank you for waking up early to spend time with me.

Me: I would do it for the rest of my life. I love you, too! Soooo much. Speaking of loving you so much....don't text and drive, and remember to buckle your seat belt!

Darrell: I will baby. I promise. I'm still waiting on Micah. I'm not driving and I'm buckled up.

Me (5:27 a.m.): Good! Have a great day at work. Praying for you. Love you. xoxo

At this point, I didn't get an immediate response which told me he was on the road.

Darrell (6:19 a.m.): You know what? God gave me you. I love you so much. You are the best thing to ever come into my life. I would never want to lose you. If it weren't for you I wouldn't be where I am at now. I thank God everyday for putting you in my life. I love you so much.

After getting a response like that, I couldn't help but wonder, what have I done to deserve such loving words from this precious man?

You're probably thinking, "Gag me with a spoon! How lame!". Yeah, I know. It's probably cheesy. Why do I post this? Because my husband is a simple man. He is extremely loving, loyal, and affectionate, but he's not the most romantic man in the world. He doesn't write love letters (aside from those he wrote while overseas) or send me flowers just because. It's even rare that we hold hands while walking these days. Our days are filled with schedules and there isn't a whole lot of time left over for just he and I. While he tells me he loves me, all day long, this was just special to me. Too special not to remember it...and these days, I need a little extra help at remembering.

New parents to one Ella Gracie...Nov. 2006


Just when I begin to forget how big I'm blessed, getting caught up in a monotonous routine, taking the world around me and time spent with my family for granted...the Lord shows me just how very loved and blessed I am. Thank You, Father!

It's been eight lovely years, spent with you, my love. Thank you, for being you.


“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” ~Judy Garland

Relishing in His goodness...