Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sugar and Spice




Twelve very short years ago, I was so very blessed to meet my first child, becoming a mother by the grace of our Father who chose it to be so at 12:10 a.m. on June 2, 1999. Words will never begin to express my gratitude for this precious gift. My 6 pound 3.2 ounce baby girl who's length was just a mere 18 inches long, is now nearly as tall as I...and can already wear my shoes! Perfect by no means, she still has a genuine smile that radiates to the depths of my heart and forces a smile upon my own face.


The past twelve years have been full of sleepless nights, milestones, prayers, tears, boo boo's, contagious smiles, hair bows, more books and songs shared than I can count, genuine hugs & kisses, snuggle time, sick days, painted faces, big dreams, homework and projects, worry, wonderment, anticipation, joy, excitement, fulfillment, thankfulness...Love. Love. Praise You, Father! Love. Thank You, Father. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Lindsey LuLu,

I can't help but to find myself in a state of shock at the arrival and passing of each of your birthdays. As I always tell you, each year goes by so, so quickly. I saw you, for the first time, when you were just eight weeks gestation. Daddy and I cried as we listened to our tiny "little bean's" heartbeat, knowing just how blessed we were to have you already. Nothing about my pregnancy with you was easy, nor was your delivery. I wouldn't take an ounce of it back, however. Oh, my precious girl, you are worth anything in the world. I'd do it over a million plus times to have you be mine.
38 weeks and she arrived three days later.


I am so very proud of the young lady you are. You exude everything that I could ever ask for in a daughter. My prayer for you in this twelfth year of your life, is that as you grow into a teenager, you take Christ with you everywhere you go. I pray that you remember your Father in every situation. Whether it be tween drama, or a loving moment shared with a sibling...especially since those seem to be fewer and far between these days. Ha! Ha! I pray that you cherish special moments, and make many happy memories this year to carry with you your lifetime. I pray that you inspire kindness, forgive easily, give more than you receive, believe in your dreams, count your blessings, love all that you can.... and shoot for the moon!


Happy birthday! I hope your day is just as special as you are. xoxo

Loving you infinitely,
Mama

Relishing in His goodness...