Tuesday, July 26, 2011

72 Years of Blessing and Being Blessed

I want to wish many blessings to one mother of three, grandmother to six, and great grandmother to (soon to be) nine, on her seventy-second birthday. :0)

70th birthday celebration. All of us girls wore pink in honor of our precious gal!


MawMaw,

As a child your home felt like the warmest, safest place in the world to me. The inviting aroma of food cooking on the stove, combined with the ever present smell of Downy (April Fresh) enveloped my nostrils upon every arrival...ALWAYS followed by "sugar" on the lips, and a genuine hearty hug (Even if we'd seen you a day or two before.). You happily taught us girls how to make Mario reach his final level! You showed us every trick to help us receive extra men, as well as hidden tunnels to the warp zones. You used grand arm expression with each jump produced on screen, as if your arms were making Mario jump over obstacles. We loved the fact that you took the time to relate to us, and have so much fun doing so! You gave us ice cream whether we ate, or not...hushing Mama, when she scolded. You sat in the floor with us, watching with great enthusiasm, as we opened gifts every Christmas Eve. You, along with my mother, lovingly prayed over me while I lay in a hospital bed, twice. For as long as I live, I will never forget the love that surrounded me both times. Thank you, so much, for that. You've wiped away my tears, more times than I can count, and told me when I needed to wise up, too. You told endless hours of old stories, producing a workout of laughter! You've called all of us darling, in the most loving, sincere way for as long as I can remember. Something I long to hear you say when I haven't seen you in a while. You became my hero when you kicked cancer in it's tush, in the early 90's, and again after surviving a couple of strokes these past few years. You're strength has always been evident...even now when your body is weak. You have given me some of the best memories of my life. I have been completely blessed to have you as my grandmother. I can't thank our Father, enough, for giving all of us (my children have also been completely blessed to have had such a loving great grandmother!) you!

Happy birthday, my precious MawMaw. Praying that this seventy-second year of your life is full of blessings. xoxo



Relishing in His goodness...