Sunday, July 17, 2011

Conversations with Babes



While on a recent car ride:

Ella- "LuLu, do you like chocolate?

Lindsey-Yep!

Ella-Do you like chocolate milk?

Lindsey-Yes!

Ella (with a disgusted look on her face)-Mommy and Bubby likes red chocolate milk!

This produced all around laughter leaving Ella slightly confused as t o why we thought her statement was so funny.

(Red chocolate milk would be strawberry milk. The syrup looks more red than pink. I, personally, love all flavors of milk, but this one just makes her gag...and she's never tried it. :0P)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella-Will you come to my preschool class with me?

Me-Sure! I'll even come eat lunch with you and Bubby! And when Jacob's born, he'll come along, too!

Ella-Can Jacob sleep on my mat, with me, in my classroom?

Me-I don't think so, sweet pea, but he can meet all of your friends, and your teachers. Would you like that?

Ella-Uhhhh, nah! I don't want my friends to hold him.

Me-Well, we won't let them hold him, because he'll be too little for that.

Ella-Yeah...and I'll tell them not to touch him because they gotta wash their hands so they can't make him dirty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon arriving at a home we've recently put a bid on, approximately twenty minutes away from our current home:

Gabriel-Mama, are you really going to move me this far from my friends?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving home from a short shopping trip out with my husband:

Lindsey-Hey mama! Guess what?!? I got you lots of coupons that I found in dispensers around the store!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While rubbing my tummy yesterday:

Darrell-Oh wow! I can feel him poking out right there! That's the first time I've felt him this well, baby! Oh gosh! I can't believe it! He's getting so big!

(He soon wiped his eyes, and kissed my tummy.)

“There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human society, are created, strengthened and maintained” ~Winston Churchill


Relishing in His goodness...