Friday, November 11, 2011

Ham'a Time

I had lunch with Ella and Gabriel, at school, yesterday. The fact that Gabriel is in his last year of elementary school pulls at my heart strings a bit.

He has a small group of friends whom he has been best pals with for much of his elementary school career. It's hard to believe that these boys, whom I've watched grow into the distinguished (wink) fifth grade gentlemen they are today, will be starting middle school in less than one year. Time has really flown by.

As is typical of our lunches together, our conversations usually consist of nerf guns, baseball, or video games. I pretend to be intrigued by these topics because, while I'm not keen on these things, I do enjoy listening to the boys talk. One day, they are going to be in high school and too cool to have lunch with this lame brain mom. So, until then, I'm going to continue doing what I do best. Loving my son completely, praising God for the sweet friends he's been blessed with, and taking pictures of them while they'll still let me! Woot!

I just wanted one picture....

They thought it would be fun to ham it up. Gabriel said, "Okay, funny picture!"


Then my ham said, "Crazy faces!"
What's funny about this picture, and I will forever laugh when I view it, is that Caleb (in blue) actually started off with a crazy facial expression. Just before I snapped the picture, he reserved himself to the look that was captured. That's all he could muster for crazy. Bless him. I adore these kiddos!

Relishing in His goodness...