Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pay it Forward

On the way to Jacob's ped appointment, this morning, Darrell and I stopped at Chic-fil-a for a quick bite to eat. Upon handing my debit card to the friendly cashier at the window, she informed us that the kind patron who's car was still parked in front of us, had paid for our breakfast and wanted us to know that she hoped we'd have a great day! My ears heard the words, but my brain worked a little slower at registering what was going on. My first thought was to think that someone was going to jump out and tell us we'd been pranked. Not that I'm completely unaware of this world's kindness...I just never imagined a scene such as that one, and that we'd be in the center of it. Once I was able to pick my jaw up off the floor, I waved to that precious soul and shouted thanks to her from one car to another. As she drove away I instantly wanted to do something for her in return! I wanted to chase her down and give her a hug...a blessing...something! Anything! The friendly cashier said, "There is still a lot of good in this world, isn't there?!?" Indeed there is! The kind patron and her car were gone, so all that I could give to her was a prayer of thanks to God for creating such a lovely soul and asked that His blessings may be poured out upon her for allowing His light to shine in such a creative way. :)

I am a prideful person. It's a bit difficult for me to accept things from people. I instantly want to repay them with a gift. Not to out do, mind you, but to show my love and gratitude in return. It, somehow, makes accepting their gift easier. Maybe because I didn't feel worthy enough beforehand? Who knows!? In any case, today was different! I was in such awe of this strangers gift. I knew that the Lord had placed it upon her heart to bless someone, in that way, this morning...and I have been smiling from ear to ear since. As Darrell and I waited for the pediatrician to come into the examining room, we brainstormed! We thought of fun ways to pay it forward. Paying for someones meal, like she had done for us. Gas, groceries, bills, etc. And who says that you have to stop at just one person?

Later this morning, I pulled into the drive-thru at McDonalds and ordered a sweet tea for my guy. "Are you serious? Are you together?" was the response that I received from the cashier at the window, when I told him that I wanted to pay for the meal of the customer behind me.

That felt GREAT!!! If you are reading this, I encourage you to pray about how the Lord can use you to put a smile on someones face...completely out of the blue!

God is love! Love is contagious! Spread it all around people! God has given us soooo much! Pay. It. Forward.

Peace out. :)

Relishing in His goodness...

No comments: