Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Been A Long Time Gone...

It's been so long since I've come to this place I love to escape to. I nearly cried when I read the last post I'd posted. The pictures of my babes, the memories. Wow. Seems like forever ago!

We survived the Summer heat. It's lingering, but getting a little cooler, by and by.

We have been in our new home for a year, as of last week. That is SHOCKING, as I still feel as though it's all so new to me.

Lindsey started her last year of middle school a month ago. She is still involved in chorus, and FCA, but has added the pep squad to our agenda. :0) She is growing into a beautiful young lady. She is absolutely in love with Jacob...and he with her.

Gabriel started his first year of middle school! He tried out for drums, in the band. Out of nearly 100 students, he got picked for the one out of ten slots available! So exciting! He's also involved in FCA, and recently tried out for the Art club. We haven't heard the results of that yet. He is doing very well in school and I am just so super proud of my little man!

Miss Ella started kindergarten. She is doing SOOOO well! Her teachers are absolutely precious and she has the coolest kindergarten room I've ever seen! She has made friends quickly, and thoroughly enjoys being at school. We are thinking about putting her into gymnastics, soon, as she has a talent for doing flips, catrwheels, head stands, splits, and such. Plus, she's been begging, since the Olympics began, to do it!

Baby Jacob is not so small anymore...but he's still my baby. He is starting to walk, and talk...and keeps me on my toes. But, oh, how I love my baby boy. He's been pure joy since the day he was born. He turned eleven months old yesterday. That blows my mind. Seems as though we were visiting him in that NICU, just yesterday.

The Lord blessed us well, in July, when Darrell was accepted onto a new weekend shift, that will allow him to bring home just as much money and still be off for four days. PRAISE THE LORD! He doesn't know how long this shift will last, but it's been a complete blessing. We all needed to have him home with us more often.

As for me, I am just happy. We made the right decision to move out of our tiney little town and into  the country. We have grown so much, in such a short amount of time, and I'm just so grateful. I have everything I need...and then some. The Lord is so good!

Relishing in His goodness...