Monday, November 22, 2010

As my friend would say, "Bummer"

I hate to have to do this, but I recant my excitement about the Angel Food Ministry boxes. There. I "said" it! Ugh. Man, that hurt.

Unfortunately, we had a few issues that arose with the boxes that we ordered last month. They were supposed to be picked up from the host site this past Saturday. We were told by one member of the host site that our boxes were never delivered nor was any paper work for said boxes. After contacting the ministry about the problem, I was contacted by another member of the host site who had our boxes, but we didn't even hear from him until this afternoon. Once we were able to locate his place of business (where he took our boxes today), and retrieve our order, we discovered that all orders are subject to change. The boxes weren't what we had anticipated. There was, however, plenty in each box for a lovely Thanksgiving meal for a small family. :0)

I do not regret ordering the boxes, as it was a learning experience for all of us. In the future, before distributing meals, I think it would be a better deal to do the personal shopping myself. A lot of fun for the kiddos, as well, I'm sure!

Regardless of these minor mishaps, it was a complete honor to serve the Lord. I am so very thankful that we were able to do this, and pray that we're able to do it again soon!

Father, I am so sorry to complain about such things. You gave us the ability to serve you, and I'm sorry that I have been more focused on the little things instead of praising You as I should. I just want to give as much as possible, and if that was as much as we could possibly give, today, than I pray that it blessed abundantly, nonetheless. Thank you, my precious Father, for using us to serve You in such a way. It was an honor. You've blessed me so well, Father. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


Relishing in His goodness...