Saturday, December 23, 2023

You're Just What I Needed

     I can hear him, in my head, singing out this post title in the same way that I did after I typed it out. God created a fella who is like me in that way. 

    "That's why I likes you, Miss Katie." A common response that he gets from me. If you know, you know. :)

    Have you heard that saying about how the closer you get to God the harder the devil fights to attack you? Being with Luke is completely and unequivocally a God-thing. He and his family make me feel closer to God every time I'm around them just as I'm sure the kids and I do for Luke. He never misses Sunday morning church with us and I'm incredibly thankful for that time spent with him there each week. I have held hands, countless times, with he and his family members as we've bowed our heads in prayer. How I adore their faith and encouragement. 

    I recently expressed to my handsome that I feel like the wind has been knocked out of us a few times too many these past eight months. Each time, Luke has been unwavering in disposition of his uncanny and refreshing calmness and faith. This is such a reprieve to my common angst and worrisome self. I prayed for a fella like him and he is undoubtedly an answered prayer. God is so good to me. 

    Despite the fact that we are often together, it's not common Luke and I go on dates as we spend the majority of our extra time with the kids or our families. But my guy has been diligent about planning dates when we both have a few extra hours to be able to do so, every couple of weeks. We went to the city of Senoia's Alive After Five event, last week, after an incredibly difficult week. I was utterly depleted and wanted nothing more than to stay in my pj's and shut out the world as I felt I had nothing left to give it, come Friday afternoon. In short, I was a blubbering MESS, y'all. But...oh my sweet fella. My hunk of burning love, who smiles with his eyes and calms my spirit with his gentle presence, got himself decked out in festive attire and insisted we get out of the house and spend that evening together. And I'm so thankful he did. 


"You've got to take another one, baby! You can't see my Christmas antlers in that one!" We're nearly a foot difference in height so my fella of 6'2 stooped down to my level for a second photo just so we could see those Christmas antlers in the next one. He makes life a heap more enjoyable. I think I'll keep him. :)



Being out was just what I needed and he is just what I needed and my heart is full of gratitude that our Father loves me this much to have created Luke and put him on my path and in my heart. What an absolute gift!

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God IS LOVE. Whoever lives in love lives in God and God in them." -1 John 4:16

    On a side note, we were able to have his mama discharged from the facility she was in, two weeks early. It was an awful place for her to be in. They were extremely short staffed and she wasn't receiving a sufficient amount of physical therapy and began to regress in the short week that she stayed there. So, she's back home! Praise the Lord! However, she has a long road of recovery ahead of her and we'd so very much appreciate your prayers for her and for their family. 


Relishing in His goodness...
Christy
IStndAmzd79@gmail.com