Saturday, June 3, 2023

To My Girl on the Last Birthday Before She Becomes a Mother

 


I counted ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes, during the midnight hour of June 2, 1999. I observed my new baby in sheer awe and wonder. Twenty-four years later, I am still observing my firstborn in awe and wonder. I am so amazed to see her tummy growing, as she carries her first baby who is being knit so perfectly in his mothers womb. It has been such a joy and honor being her mama. Even after twenty-four years, I still can't believe that God chose me to be a mama to such precious people. 



My Dearest Lindsey, I still remember the first time that we heard your heartbeat. Daddy and I bawled like babies as we listened to the reassuring sound of life growing in my tummy. I knew that there was nothing that I wouldn't do to protect, love, teach, and nurture you. I see that same love in your heart for your baby, already, and it makes me so proud to be a part of this full circle of life. My prayer for your twenty-fourth year is that you not let anything hinder you from living your life to the fullest, you experience more full belly laughing experiences than not, you learn from your mistakes, and you love with all of your capacity...and then a little more. I pray that you observe your new baby in complete awe and wonder and enjoy even the smallest of moments with him. I pray that your sleepless nights turn into restful days. I pray that you feel yourself immersed in a sea of love and support. I pray that you count every single one of your blessings... remembering to be thankful for even the toughest of days. Happy, happy birthday, my precious darling. I love you infinitely. 



Relishing in His goodness...
Christy