Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Thirty-One Weeks

    


    The start of April 1999 found me 31 weeks along in my pregnancy with my first child. I was in such awe of God's grace...a belly that got in the way of my view of the ground and of my feet was feverishly busy creating a tiny human. I was blissfully in love with that baby that I'd come to meet less than two months later. My whole life, leading up to that point, consisted of me having a relationship with God. But nothing brought me closer to Him than when he made me a mama to that baby. 


    Twenty-four years later, my first baby, my one and only brown eyed girl, is now 31 weeks along in her pregnancy. Each time I see her, my hands instinctively gravitate to her growing tummy where her first baby is being knit so perfectly by his Maker. Oh how that baby is already so very loved!






    This morning, as the choir sang the words "Oh, how He loves us, oh..." I thought about how well He's loved me. The countless tender mercies He's gifted me, from the second I was created, simply because He loves me. Praise You, Father, I think to myself. Praise you a million times over for loving this undeserving soul so incredibly much. 

    As I continue to watch my firstborn child transition into motherhood, I stand amazed at the swiftness of time, the full circle that's being drawn, the fact that God is gracing our world and this family, just after the two year mark of Darrell's passing...He gives and takes away and gives again. He continuously lavishes His love upon us. 


Your love, Lord, reaches to the Heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. - Psalm 36:5 

(If you're a Third Day fanatic, like me, you probably heard Mac Powell singing that verse, baritone style, to you in your head. heh. You're welcome.) ytttttt64r55


    On a side note, Lindsey went with a group of her friends to see the Barbie movie. If you know my girl, who was an avid drama student in high school, you know how much she LOVES any reason to dress in costume. She sent her photo-lovin mama pictures from the "big movie event". Pretty in pink! 


Love that mama-to-be. ❤
If you feel so inclined, please pray for Lindsey and the baby as she continues to carry him these next couple of months. Thanks so much!


Relishing in His goodness...
Christy