Monday, February 19, 2024

Mama Re

    


Oftentimes, when referring to her, I refer to her as "the quintessential farm wife". Luke's mama is, indeed, the quintessential farm wife with fifty plus years of experience under her belt. She is a plethora of useful knowledge, talent, and creativity that far surpasses anything I could ever begin to conceive. She sews and quilts beautifully, paints and draws like a masterful artist, prepares and jars all that her husband produces, bakes bread that makes her home smell like a bakery, keeps all of the finances in order, she is her family's biggest prayer warrior, and has kept a beautiful home where she welcomes us lovingly into each time we are there. I tell her, constantly, that when I grow up I want to be just like her. She is strength and resilience, wisdom and intelligence, a keen sense of humor coupled with contagious laughter, and so much love. We are simply blessed to be a part of her world. 

    We had the pleasure of celebrating her 75th year of life, with her, over the weekend. In true Mama Re fashion, she made us laugh as she blew her candles out mere seconds into the "Happy Birthday" song. She marches to the beat of her own drummer and I LOVE this about her. 

    What a blessing to know her and an even bigger blessing to be loved by her. 


Dear Mama Re,

    It's impossible for me not to thank God for you when thanking Him for creating Luke and putting him in my heart and on my path. My gratitude, for you, is bountiful and ever-mounting. I am incredibly grateful for your Proverbs 31 influence in our lives as well as for all of the love you've shown my babies and I. I'm thankful that you survived that stroke and lived to show it who was boss! I'm thankful that we were able to celebrate Christmas as well as your birthday, with you and Pops, in the home that you've made so warm and inviting for anyone who steps into it. I am thankful that you have shown such precious love and friendship to me. I am thankful that I have learned and I continue to learn so much from you. I am thankful for every conversation, every hug, every shared tear and heaps of laughter had with you. I am thankful that you love me as if I were one of your own...and consider my babies your own grandchildren, to boot. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't trade you for anyone in the world. You have blessed my soul exceedingly well. I pray that this 75th year of life finds you continuing to bless the world around you and being blessed, ten fold, in return. We love you a bushel and a peck, precious lady.


You are, most definitely, a Proverbs 31 woman. 


She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” -Proverbs 31:25-29

Relishing in His goodness...

Christy

IStndAmzd79@gmail.com